Friday, November 5, 2010

More ER, Rural Health Clinic Visits

I'm writing to catch up on a few things...

Last Saturday, 10/30, my dad did a repeat pull-out of his trach tube, so there was a re-run of the previous Saturday. There was a different doctor, though, so a few of the NIH doctors are getting practice, I guess! Even more so because he did it again, hopefully for the last time, later in the week. After this time they secured it with a more permanent tie... We still can't figure out exactly why he keeps pulling it out, but the general delusion seems to explain most of the problems of late.

My father insisted on going to the ER today during the day when he was with my Aunt Linda. Luckily, communication between family happened and my mom met them at the Rural Health Clinic instead. Here they know him and can react on a more informed basis. Dr. Brown prescribed him an antibiotic because he had a fever and his chin infection has worsened.

My mother thinks, and now the doctors seem to agree, that the cancer has spread into his brain. I'm sure the many medicines, and changes in medication, don't help the situation either. This will only be speculation because we canceled his appointments for his next round of CAT and PET scans (they were supposed to be next week). He didn't feel up to the trip and it would really cause a lot of unnecessary stress on his mind and body.

Even though I'm being "docked" at work, I will be home for my dad's birthday, Wednesday November 10.

1 comment:

  1. I think the doctors need to listen to your mom.

    There are a couple of other things that might contribute to the comfusion - first, a fever can do this, second, medications.

    Jess - definitely make the birthday party. It's important to your dad and to you.

    Double hugs sent to you all.

    ReplyDelete