Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Poking Some Fun to Maintain Some Sanity

This afternoon my dad showered and even shaved to greet Kelliann, Aunt Linda, and I. Linda noted his swelling in his face seemed better today, except his lips. She shared that the other day my mom told him, "Well, Angelina Jolie has nothing on you!" :-)

Personally, I think his distended belly and his swole cheeks make him look like Santa Claus, with a button nose. I just wish he had Santa's "magic"...

Thanks to Allison and Google images, my brother and I are also working on communication cards for him to point to (e.g. "What time is it?", ice pack, massage neck, etc.), rather than writing out simple requests, which is increasingly difficult for him.

I went to Dwayne's Pharmacy to buy some Therafirm socks for his legs. His ankles have edema (they're very swollen) and these particular socks (which also come as support hose for women) are helpful for reducing swelling, promoting blood circulation, and preventing varicose veins.

So at least now he has his "stockings." I think he'd like his Harley to be his "sleigh"...

Roberta from Hospice is coming at 1:00 tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment